Talking about internet marketplaces Fiverr is one such marketplace that provides the freelancers a platform to showcase their talents and the new startups to get their services done without having to spend much on the employment.What is Fiverr?
Fiverr is the largest platform offering online services in various categories like Graphics & Design, Digital Marketing, Writing & Translation, Video & Animation, Music & Audio, Programming & Tech, Business and Fun & Lifestyle. Fiverr is an online marketplace established in February 2011, the company is based in Tel Aviv. Fiverr works as a platform for freelancers to get worldwide exposure and serves as a chance to polish their skills and work for different types of customers across the world.
The founders of Fiverr are Shai Wininger and Micha Kaufman who wanted to develop an online marketplace that would provide a two-sided platform for people to buy and sell online freelance services. They founded Fiverr which works this way. The services provided on Fiverr start from $5 (as the name itself suggests) and could go up to thousands. Let’s be clear with a few terms first to get the answer to this question: How does Fiverr work?
- Seller: A person providing the respective service who is a registered user on Fiverr.
- Buyer: A person (who again is a registered user) who wants the services provided by the seller.
- Gig: A service provided by the seller. E.g. “I will design your logo for $5
- Gig Extras: Gig Extras means a user can ask for extra money for more work. The number of Gig Extras increases when the seller’s level advances. E.g. If a user is working on 500 words for $5, he could ask for $5 extra for writing 1000 words.
- Gig Multiples: Gig multiples means people can re-order your gig multiple times. The number of Gig Multiples provided by Fiverr also increases when the seller’s level advances.
- Post a request: A registered buyer can post a request for a service (gig) he/she wants. E.g. a buyer can post a request for web content this way “Create a web content”.