Hire a Freelance WAN Technician
WAN Technicians are professionals who resolve problems relating to an organization’s wide area network (WAN), whether it be onsite or in the field. They further evaluate existing network systems. Technicians also supervise the maintenance, installation, and operation of a wide area network as well as related computer hardware and software.
WAN Technicians must ensure network connectivity in all sizes of buildings. Technicians further perform the installation of a wide area network’s hardware and software, for the purpose of creating enterprise-wide data communication through the means of an intranet.
Technicians often work in conjunction with telecommunication companies to make certain that WAN services meet organizational requirements, and they also make certain that service providers can support their organization across all its locations.Job Description of WAN Technician WAN Technicians have the following essential responsibilities:
- To provide administration of local and wide area networks
- To perform maintenance of physical network components, file servers, desktop computers, laptop, and applications
- To train users how to use the network
- To maintain service logs for an internet/WAN and its deployments, based on organizational requirements
- To design, analyze and implement WANs, and to design cost-effective system configurations that meet organizational requirements
- To coordinate administration of WANs and PCs with outside IT contractors
- To establish backup procedures for all desktop computers and laptops
- To monitor network security
- To perform network maintenance that will ensure the network functions properly and without significant disruption
Read More: Hire a Freelance WAN Technician